|5/17/2010 - Away From Home Checklist|
|The following is a checklist provided by the Property Manager of items to consider before leaving your unit for an extended period of time this summer. |
- Leave a key with a neighbor or designated person in case of an emergency and let the Property Manager know who this person is.
- If the house is alarmed with a security system, leave the information (code, password) with the person that has access to the unit in case the alarm is tripped.
- Leave the a/c on at a reasonable temperature i.e. 78 degrees or lower to prevent mold from forming. Also leave paddle fans on low for the same reason.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- Turn off the water to the dish washer, icemaker, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Let the person who has the key know where the main water shut off valve is in case of an emergency.
- Provide the Property Manager with your away from home contact information.
- Remove any food from the refrigerator that may spoil.
- Make arrangements to have someone prepare their house in the event f a hurricane including putting up hurricane shutters. Take in all potted plants, patio furniture and any other external items.
Peter Schulz - Editor - Email TC