|The proposed changes to the condo rules and regulations were approved by the condo board of directors on June 29th and are now in effect. |
1. The changes add the requirement that homeowner lessors have leases that are similar to the Developer's leases in the following areas for all new leases and lease renewals.
- That homeowner lessors conduct a criminal background check of tenants prior to the tenants move-in date.
- That homeowner lessors include a Zero Tolerance Clause in the lease.
- That homeowner lessors include a Pets Clause in the lease similar to the Developer's lease Pet Clause.
In addition, homeowners who are leasing are required to provide to the Association, the homeowner's current mailing address, together with the names and contact phone numbers of those residing in the unit, a copy of the lease, and copies of the criminal background checks, prior to the lease holders move-in date. Activation of amenities, including clickers, will not commence until this information is provided.
2. The changes formalize the Condominium Smoking Policy to read - Smoking is prohibited in the breezeways, hallways, and stairwells of the condominium buildings and within the School Bus Stop Depot. However, smoking is permitted in all other areas including within the individual units, on the patios of the individual units, and outdoors.
3. The changes clarify the Condominium Automobile Policy to read - Changing oil, antifreeze, or other fluids and washing cars is not allowed.
Click here to see full text of the revisions.