|11/24/2010 - Holiday Security Tips|
|The following are tips from the PBSO to help you enjoy the season without incident.|
- Lock all doors and windows.
- Turn on lights and a radio or TV to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Have your mail and newspapers picked up each day if you are unable or are away.
- Park your vehicle in a well lighted area.
- Lock your vehicle doors.
- Store valuables in the trunk or out of site of plain view.
- Be aware of your surroundings, making note of suspicious persons; report those suspicions to security or law enforcement
- Ask for assistance from store security, if available, to escort you to your vehicle
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Always carry your driver’s license or identification card.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Use credit cards and/or checks if available.
- Don’t overload yourself with packages.
- Shop in groups, there is always safety in numbers.
- Keep your children close to you.
- Teach your child to go to a responsible adult if separated.
- Teach your child(ren) his or her name, address and phone number to assist law enforcement if separated.
- Accompany your child to the restroom; don’t let them go alone.
Peter Schulz - Editor - Email TCRN