|While we can't rewrite our history, there is a lot the Developer and the Homeowners can do to write a happy ending to our story.|
Here are my recommendations.
- Continue to work on the apartments' mix.
- Stay involved in the community.
- Don't give up on your dream!
- Pay your HOA fees on time.
- Follow all of the community rules.
- Support your Property Manager.
- Report problems when you see them.
- Suggest areas for improvement.
- Stay informed. Signup for News Alerts.
- Participate in your community associations.
- Be a good neighbor. Wave. Smile. Say hello.
Board of Directors
- Pay the bills- Manage delinquencies and expenses to the point that we do not need to raise association fees or have any special assessments.
- Maintain the property - Keep the place standing tall seven days a week and address all longer term issues such that the physical property is in as good a condition at the end of 2011 as the day it was built, not withstanding the normal wear of reserve items.
Stated another way, keep the property "open house ready" 24/7 because in fact someone here is always in the process of selling or leasing a unit.
- Maintain community standards - Use relentless and unflinching enforcement of the rules as a means of keeping this a pleasant place to live for those that follow the rules.
This is important to the success of the community, given the newness of the community and the broad cultural and economic makeup of the residents.
Click here for the complete history of Green Cay Village.