Flavor Pict Road
Green Cay Village Adopts Flavor Pict Road
It's official! Green Cay Village is the proud foster parent of Flavor Pict Road from Jog Road to Hagen Ranch Road.
What this means is that our community is responsible for picking up litter on Flavor Pict Road four times a year and in return signs have been posted by the county at both ends of the road giving Green Cay Village credit for adopting the road.
Want to be a foster parent? Email the Editor Email
Foster Parent Safety Tips
1. Only pickup during daylight hours.
2. Always walk facing the traffic.
3. Wear latex gloves.
4. Don't pickup broken bottles or glass.
5. Don't pickup dead animals or other organic material like banana skins etc. Nature will take care of these items.
6. Don't pickup trash with fire ants on it, even with gloves. Instead just wait a few days until the ants have finished their meal.
7. Don't pickup large items like auto tires, Palm fronds etc.
And no need to knock yourselves out. Just take a few Publix bags with you and do one side or the other and enjoy the walk.
Peter Schulz - Editor