About - Green Cay Village
Introducing the best-priced, brand new master planned community in Palm Beach County.
Featuring spacious 3 bedroom Townhomes, 2 & 3 bedroom Condominiums, and 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Apartments, in a desirable Delray Beach/Boynton Beach area location.
Click on image for a larger view.
Green Cay Village is Palm Beach County's first affordable housing development marketed directly to teachers, police officers and other workers priced out of homeownership.
The 43-acre community at Jog and Flavor Pict roads features 160 condos, 100 townhomes and 160 apartments; a 6,325-square-foot clubhouse with children's play area, outdoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, splash pool with fountain, and a soccer-field-size play area. Additional features include;
Green Features - Winner of the 2007 Gold Coast Builders Association/Florida Power & Light BuildSmart® PRISM Award for the Energy Efficient Home category.
- R 30 insulation in attic space of top floor homes
- R 4.1 insulation on exterior and connecting walls
- High efficiency 13 SEER air conditioner
- Interior insulated air distribution system
- Programmable thermostat
- Ceiling fans
- Energy saving A. O. Smith Pro Max water heater
- GE "Energy Star" appliances
- Low-volatile organic compound carpets
- Native-plant landscaping
- Reclaimed water lawn irrigation
Together these features add up smart living ... saving money by living green.
Security Features – Green Cay Village is located west of I95 and Jog Road in an upscale residential and rural setting, on PBSO Sheriff designated private property, with a fire/rescue station directly across the street from the main entrance.
- Site security features include individually gated condominium and apartment parking lots, high intensity street and parking lot lighting, a vehicle registration and ID program, and video surveillance cameras located throughout the community.
- Unit security features include poured concrete and cinder block construction with wrapped steel entrance door frames and doors with deadbolts and 180 degree door viewers. In addition, all units have multiple smoke detectors and the condominium and apartment buildings have code compliant sprinkler systems.
To say that anyplace is safe today may be a stretch. But Green Cay Village's goal is to be known as a place to live that is as safe as it is green.
Hurricane Features – Green Cay Village is located west of I95, which is the dividing line for high risk windstorm insurance in Southeast Florida, and in a flood zone with a FEMA x500 annual probability of flooding of 0.2% to 1%.
The buildings are constructed according to the post-Hurricane Andrew statewide building code implemented March 1, 2002, that requires impact-resistant doors and windows that use laminated glass similar to that found in car windshields or window shutters plus a reinforced roof that won't blow off should wind enter the home.
Add to these features poured concrete and cinder block construction with tile roofs and the word "fortress" comes to mind.
Nature Features - In addition to having it's own 3.6 acre lake with native wetland plantings, Green Cay Village is located less than a mile away from two wetland parks that make it a bird watchers and nature photographers paradise.
Both Green Cay Wetlands and Wakodahatchee Wetlands are park like settings that are child friendly, handicap accessible, clean, and easy to visit. And admission is free.
While bird watching and nature photography is not for everyone, being outdoors with nature and other like minded people is a simple and inexpensive way to spend an afternoon ... or the rest of your life.
Handicap Features – Accidents happen and you could find yourself using a wheelchair or walker. And as you grow older, getting around your home may become more difficult.
To address these concerns, all common areas are handicap access compliant, the individual units feature wheel chair and walker friendly entrance doors with 35 1/2" openings and interior doors with 33 1/2" openings, and the condominium and apartment buildings are equipped with handicapped access compliant elevators.
Hopefully you will never have a need for these features. But if you do, it's nice to know your home is ready.